1960 TRIUMPH TR3A – 8,000 MILES SINCE RESTO – SOLD
Developed from the TR2 by 1958, the TR3 was a well-sorted sports car and incredibly popular around the world with its lusty engine and vintage feel chassis providing lots of fun.
This lovely Sapphire blue example was built for the USA market as most were and repatriated in 1989 and an extensive 10 year restoration carried out finally competed in 2006
During the work the following was uprated/improved ;
- Complete engine rebuild inc unleaded conversion, upgrade rear seal
- Gearbox and overdrive rebuilt
- CTM Reconditioned chassis
- Stainless steel exhaust with 4 branch stainless manifold
- Carbs rebuilt
- Kenlowe cooling fan
- Hi torque starter motor
- Polybush suspension and Koni shockers
- Steering rack
- Electronic ignition
- Stainless steel braided brake hoses
All work is fully documented inc photos and invoices and she remains in excellent condition
All of this results in a fantastic, sorted Tr3 which you can use every day without any concerns whilst performing to a high standard.
Side screens, tonneau, hood and cover, aero screens are present and made in mohair
The history file is thorough with invoices, mots dating back over the years.
She drives superbly with a super-strong engine and slick overdrive gearbox hard to believe she is 60 plus years old.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with a 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service