1966 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 MK3 BJ8 PHASE 2 – SOLD
The “Big Healey’s” have long been viewed as the ultimate British sports cars of the 1960’s. Development of the line started with the 1952 Healey 100 launched at the London Motor Show. The evocative lines and superb handling of the Healey made it a sleek and successful rally car all around the world. With its 6-cylinder engine giving plenty of torque, the cars are more than quick enough to keep up with modern day traffic.
This example was supplied new to the USA in 1966 where it lived for 25 years until returning to Blighty in 1990.
Then a thorough restoration was completed in 1992 by one of the leading Healey specialists to a very high standard, all documented with photos, invoices etc.
She was owned by a fastidious enthusiast post restoration and I purchased her from him in 1998 for my own use.
Sold in 2001 to a serious classic car collector ongoing maintenance has been carried out and under 12,000 miles covered since the restoration and she remains in superb condition today
Recent expenditure of over £6k includes ;
- 123 ignition
- High torque starter
- Uprated electric fuel pump
- Alloy finned sump and filter
- Uprated anti roll bars
- Alloy rocker cover
- Minilite alloy wheels and new Michelin XAS tyres
- Detailing of interior inc carpets/Dynomat etc
The result is a thoroughly prepared and sorted Healey ready to be used for any tour or style of journey.
There is a heritage certificate in the extensive history file which includes early USA history and all regular servicing etc.
On the road these early Healey’s are great fun especially considering this one is nearly 60 years old and this one is hard to beat with a great colour combination.
She drives beautifully and the phase two cars were the last 3000s in production and some say the beat of all the Big Healeys with a great torquey engine and long legged overdrive gearbox meaning effortless high speed cruising.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with a 12 month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service