1966 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 MK3 BJ8 PHASE 2 – SOLD
This stunning example finished in Healey blue was supplied new in 1966 as a UK RHD where it has remained ever since and is a full matching numbers car with Heritage certificate.
A thorough restoration was completed in the late 1990s to a very high standard, all documented with photos, invoices etc.
She has been owned by a fastidious enthusiast post-restoration for the past 24 years and presents superbly today with a quality rarely found in some inferior restorations.
Upgrades integrated into the car include:
- 123 ignition
- Blueprinted and balanced engine
- Fast road camshaft
- Gas flowed unleaded cylinder head
- Uprated electric fuel pump
- Upgraded radiator and additional Kenlowe fan
- Upgraded anti-roll bars and brakes
- Alloy rocker cover
- MWS 72 spoke painted wire wheels
The result is a thoroughly prepared and sorted Healey ready to be used for any tour or style of the journey and she has indeed toured Europe on many occasions
There is a comprehensive history file with all work itemised with engine spec etc.
On the road, these early Healey’s are great fun especially considering this one is nearly 60 years old and this one is hard to beat with a great colour combination.
She drives beautifully and the phase two cars were the last 3000s in production and some say the beat of all the Big Healeys with a great torquey engine and long-legged overdrive gearbox meaning effortless high-speed cruising.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with a 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service