COMING SOON – 1966 MERCEDES BENZ 230SL RHD SUPERB EXAMPLE – 4,000 MILES SINCE RESTO
Hard to believe the SL was launched at Geneva in 1963 and although conventional running gear was used the engines were at last refined fuel injected 6 cylinders rather than the husky, agricultural carb fuelled 4 cylinders of the 190 SL.
They drove really well for a 1960s design compared to the competition and were an instant success with car enthusiasts, celebrities, wealthy owners and were soon nicknamed the “Pagoda” due to the stunning shape of the hardtop.
This beautiful Silver example was restored around 11 years ago and has been maintained since 1998 by Roger Edwards the SL Guru.
She enjoyed a Mercedes Specialist restoration in 2010 and detailing was to a very high standard including the interior trim, underside, underbonnet etc. making this into one of the best-presented RHD SL on offer.
There is a good history file including invoices and handbooks the restoration is well documented including pictures and total cost in the region of £60k.
She presents beautifully and the detailing is exceptional including soft /hard tops which are in great condition.
On the road, she is surprisingly modern considering her age! Smooth 6 cylinders with a 4-speed autobox and power steering make for easy but spirited driving and you feel you could use her as an everyday car if required.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months comprehensive warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service