1966 TRIUMPH TR4A IRS – 68,000 MILES – SOLD
A superb example of the standard-setting TR4 A with the original and beautiful Michellotti designed bodywork.
These early cars are undoubtedly the purest and simple in the design of all the subsequent later TR models.
Supplied as a UK RHD car finished in rare Midnight blue with black leather interior with the valuable metal Surrey top, she is also fitted with chrome wire wheels, overdrive and independent rear suspension.
She was fully restored to a high standard in 2010 and still presents beautifully today being one of the best available with sensible updates, unleaded cylinder head, electric cooling fan 123 electronic ignition, alloy radiator, heated seats, galvanised chassis, stainless exhaust, stainless bumpers and MWS chrome wire wheels.
The previous owner really enjoyed her for over 30 years and the level of detail is amazing with fitted alloy cases in the boot, matching ancillary switches under the dash and even four spare spark plugs under the bonnet reminding me of pre-war Bentleys!
The history file is very good with original documents including the originally buff logbook, mots, invoices, photos of the restoration are all included in the comprehensive file.
On the road, these cars are great fun with a good solid robust feel and capable of maintaining high cruising speeds for long trips.
She is a quintessential British sports-car that can only appreciate in value and must be one of the best available.
Supplied fully inspected serviced with a 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service