1967 DAIMLER 250 V8 – 40,000 MILES – £35,950
Sir William Lyons disliked the first Daimler concept and ordered that the whole project should be scrapped, although he was convinced that the idea of a compact Daimler had merit – particularly given the excellence of the 2548cc V8 engine that Jaguar had inherited with its acquisition of the marque. And so, just six months after Daimler’s change of ownership, work on a Jaguar-derived compact flagship began in earnest.
Jaguar carried out numerous changes to Daimlers engine during the development of the saloon in order to make it a more practical and efficient unit eventually offering a healthy 140 bhp and mated to the ubiquitous Borg Warner auto gearbox.
This beautiful Opalescent Golden sand car was supplied by Patrick motors of Halesowen in Oct 1967 and owned only by local owners including the last family owners who have enjoyed her for the past 52 years.
As it has a huge sentimental value, this family embarked on a thorough £40000 restoration in 2014 inc bare metal repaint, engine rebuild etc all carefully documented but no replacement panels or structural items were required.
There is a continuous large history file including original service books, invoices, restoration information On the road the character is different to a Mk2 6 cylinder with a smooth V8 and auto gearbox turning her into a refined cruiser with power steering making it very effortless.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with a 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service