1967 TRIUMPH TR4A IRS – SOLD
A superb example of the standard-setting TR4 A with the original and beautiful Michellotti designed bodywork.
These early cars are undoubtedly the purest and simple in the design of all the subsequent later TR models.
Supplied in 1967 for the UK Rhd market verified with a Heritage certificate.
Finished in rare Wedgewood blue with blue interior with the very valuable metal Surrey top, she is also fitted with overdrive and independent rear suspension.
She was fully restored in the late 90s by a Triumph specialist to a very high standard and still presents beautifully today.
There is a great history file including photos of the work carried out and even a Magazine article on her.
Racetorations were commissioned in 2004 to upgrade her mechanically for fast road use and this included:
Big valve ported unleaded cylinder head with fast road cam
Oversize Wisco pistons
Four branch stainless steel manifold and exhaust
Twin Weber carbs
Uprated water pump and alternator
High torque starter
Other enhancements include:
Quick steering rack
Four pot calipers
Electric fuel pump
With bigger discs
The result is one of the best driving TR4s I have driven with a terrific roar from the Webers a very tight well-sorted chassis and brakes that stop her well at high speed.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service