1974 TRIUMPH GT6 MK3 – SOLD
After the shortcomings of the poor handling MK1, the MK2 was a far superior proposition and a great driver’s car with its silky smooth six-cylinder, long-legged overdrive then after a short run the ultimate development was launched the MK3. This provided a serious long-distance cruising GT for very little money.
Compared to its rival the MG B GT the GT6 was known as “a poor mans E Type” and proved very successful for the brand.
This is the best MK3 available anywhere finished in Magenta with black cloth interior with overdrive. She was painstakingly restored over 6 years being completed in 2014 and to the highest possible standards using the best available components.
There is an amazing history file chronologically listing the restoration along with over 100 photos, etc.
SU carbs, sports manifold and exhaust are fitted resulting in 108bhp up from 98bhp on standard carbs and it really does improve the performance.
Today, she still presents beautifully and drives perfectly with the silky smooth six-cylinder and long legs she is a fun car with great handling and brakes. This is the best MK3 we have sold and could be entered in any Concours event or just enjoy a better than new GT6!
On the road, these GT6s are so smooth and easy, belying their 50 years and are very useable keeping up with modern traffic and she has just cruised back to Oxfordshire at a constant 70 mph with no stress whatsoever.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service