1977 DAIMLER XJ6 4.2 COUPE (BEST AVAILABLE) – SOLD
Although a very successful model the XJ range required another variant to boost sales so Jaguar showed off the pretty pillarless Coupe at the 1973 London motor sho, in true 1970s UK car manufacturing style the car wasn’t really ready for production for another two years and the Global fuel crisis also was poor timing for any new thirsty car to be launched.
So the Coupe was only produced for four years but was still seen as one of the best looking Coupes of the 1970s.
This lovely Old English White Daimler with Russet velour trim is very rare with only 1600 being produced and probably only a few hundred still in existence today.
She was restored several years ago and then had extensive work carried out by Jaguar Works Coventry who then sold her to the previous customer. She is in superb order with an underside as good as the bodywork and finished in body colour. Fitted with a Jaguar historic radio/dab/sat nav.
There is a good history file inc Heritage certificate and a photographic record of the restoration, original handbooks etc.
On the road the XJ series belies their age and drive so well it’s easy to remember that in their day they were one of the most sought after cars.
A good opportunity for investment with the cost of restoring a poor example being prohibitively expensive /uneconomical.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months comprehensive warranty.
Cherished plate not included.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service