1977 FORD RS 2000 – SOLD
When the MkII Escort was launched, the RS name continued with the Cosworth-engined RS1800, produced in tiny numbers. More widespread Rallye Sport production was initiated with the RS2000 of 1976 which substituted the diva-ish Cosworth unit for a sturdier two-litre Pinto powerhouse. However, the real talking point about the RS2000 was its polyurethane ‘droop snoot’ front end and air dam, a modification that clearly distinguished it from any other Escort.
They only built around 10000 units which was low volume for Ford!
Weighing only 900 kgs the Pinto engine provided good performance with 0-60 achieved in 8.5 seconds and 108 mph not quick today but good enough for the 1970s boy racers who lusted over these gems.
I remember staring through the local Ford showroom window at a new white one when I was 14 years old and dreaming of how great it would be to drive.
This lovely Venetian red example is the genuine article being a UK RHD car from new and still with its 2.0 litre Pinto engine.
The only updates are a necessary 5 speed gearbox and a 4 branch tubular exhaust manifold.
Compared to the standard 4 speed the gearbox means long distance cruising is very easy and much more relaxing.
There is a good history file with lots of Ford specialist invoices and old mots etc.
On the road these cars are really surprising with nimble handling modern cars could only dream of and good performance providing great fun and looks.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service