1978 LANCIA BETA MONTE CARLO – 18,000 MILES – 2 OWNERS – BEST AVAILABLE – £25,950
The Bertone designed Fiat X1 9 beat Lancia’s Pininfarina designed Monte Carlo to market a good value mid engined sports car in the early 1970s.
It was worth waiting for the Lancia though as it was more powerful and undoubtably more beautiful with soft flowing lines.
Production began in 1975 but due to the well documented front brake issues was halted in 1978 for a year in order to rectify the problem finally ending with the Mk2 in 1981.
This is a very rare Mk1 Spider version with the cleverly designed roll back and folding vinyl top.
Finished in stunning Beige Doré Metallic this was a UK dealer supplied car owned by the first owner for nearly 40 years and then being recommissioned at a cost of £5000 by a serious collector during the past few years including a thorough engine refresh by a marque specialist and a bespoke sports exhaust (original system still with car).
All maintenance carried out is documented in the history file including original service Booklet and handbooks marketing material etc .
On the road she is a delight with an alive communicative feel through the chassis only mid engined cars can offer.
The front brake design issue has been addressed and with the free revving 2 litre twin cam she is surprisingly quick with an exhaust note to match.
With only 2 owners and a confirmed low mileage this is a great opportunity for a car collector as there are very limited numbers of good Monte Carlos available anywhere.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service