1983 LANCIA BETA MONTECARLO SPYDER S2 – SOLD
The Bertone designed Fiat X1 9 beat Lancia’s Pininfarina designed Monte Carlo to market a good value mid-engined sports car in the early 1970s.
It was worth waiting for the Lancia though as it was more powerful and undoubtedly more beautiful with soft flowing lines.
Production began in 1975 but due to the well documented front brake issues was halted in 1978 for a year in order to rectify the problem finally ending with the Mk2 in 1981.
This is a very rare improved Mk2 Spyder version with the cleverly designed roll back and folding vinyl top.
Finished in stunning Blue Metallic with black leather this was a South African supplied car imported to UK in 2016 and then being recommissioned at a cost of £5000 approx by a serious collector during the past few years including a thorough engine refresh by a marque specialist and a bespoke sports exhaust.
The favourable weather in SA has really benefitted this car unlike the rust savaged Uk supplied ones.
All maintenance carried out is documented in the history file inc service history from SA.
On the road, she is a delight with an alive communicative feel through the chassis only mid-engined cars can offer.
The front brake design issue has been addressed with the Series 2 and with the free-revving 2-litre twin cam she is surprisingly quick with an exhaust note to match.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service