1984 PORSCHE 911 3.2 CARRERA (TWO OWNERS) – 42,000 MILES – £58,950
The 911SC arrived in 1978 and was significant as it streamlined the previous somewhat confusing range of 911s into one single model. If you wanted to buy a normally aspirated 911 in the late 1970s or early 1980s it had to be an SC. There was, though, a new badge. Some have said that SC stands for ‘Super Carrera’, ‘Sports Carrera’ or even ‘Special Carrera’.
The engine was a peach even in its original 180bhp guise, as it produced more power and torque at lower revs than the rather peaky Carrera 3.0’s unit while remaining remarkably free-revving and eager. Non-US cars were increased to 188bhp in 1980, then, the following year as in this example the output was raised to 204bhp.
This is a stunning well maintained convertible with only 2 owners the last having purchased her From Autofarm over 20 years ago.
Finished in rare Ruby red with Burgendy leather sports seats she has a great history file with all the original handbooks and service book which has many Porsche dealer service stamps inc. invoices, mots etc.
Owned by a serious collector she has enjoyed continual maintenance and regularly used for trips including European tours.
911Scs are one of the best driving cars of the 1980s with a turbine-like engine free-revving all the way to the redline matched to a slick gearbox (915 type) provide long-legged cruising capabilities meaning daily use is easily achievable.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months comprehensive warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service