1987 FORD COSWORTH RS500 – SOLD
The RS 500 was announced in July 1987 and was commissioned to assist boosting sales of the slow-selling Sierra.
Mike Moreton was head of the team that planned to develop an evolution edition aimed at making the car unbeatable on the race tracks.
In March 1987, Aston Martin Tickford was signed for the job of converting the 500 standard Cosworths into 500s.
The main difference to the Sierra three-door Cosworth was the uprated competition engine and some unique styling enhancements.
This stunning car was supplied by Bristol Street Ford to its first owner in September 1987 and the original service book/handbooks are all present.
There are invoices/mots in a good history file and she is registered with the RS500 Registry car no 326.
This car has been pampered and had a recent service and cambelt change.
She will comfortably keep up with any modern supercar and bring a smile to your face at the same time.
One of the most iconic 1980s cars built still attracting lots of attention and a super fun drivers car whilst also having a great investment opportunity for the collector as it is.
One of the best remaining examples.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service