1988 MERCEDES 560 SL – SOLD
From its launch in 1971, the SL soon became the standard all other Grand convertible touring cars aspired to.
By the end of production in 1989, there had been very few major changes just mild developments and enhancements.
She feels and smells like a true 80s Mercedes and confirms the reputation of one of the worlds greatest car manufacturers.
This one was hand-selected by the previous owner who purchased her in California as the best most original he could find for use at his holiday home in Southern Spain
Finished in Smoke silver with beige leather and brown hood still in superb condition she is a beautiful example far better than a European car which would have been likely restored by now whereas this one is original and you can’t beat that.
The specification is very high with auto climate control, outside temp gauge, rear seats, Becker radio, rear seats etc.
There’s a history file including handbooks etc.
The hard and soft tops are in great condition and these 1980s SL’s look very similar to the original 1960’s pagoda icon at a fraction of the price.
On the road, she is a fine GT tourer with a lusty performance from the superb V8 engine allied to the smooth four-speed auto gearbox.
You could set off and tour the South of France tomorrow in style and guarantee you would get there with utmost reliability.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced and with a comprehensive 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service