1991 ALFA ROMEO 2000 SPIDER VELOCE – 65,000 MILES – SOLD
Having to improve the Giullia models from the 1950s/ early 60s into a car suitable for the innovative 1960s must have been very difficult but Alfa, with the assistance of Pininfarina, managed it with the Spider models and by 1966 it was in full production.
What a stunner it was with looks to die for and as always, amazing performance and handling years ahead of its rivals.
This design was to be successful for nearly three decades and ended in the 1990s with the Series 4 models.
By this stage, they were very sorted and capable convertibles with robust fuel injected engines, power steering and modern instruments with refinement.
The driveability was as exciting as the older models though with a super nimble and fun chassis providing a super fun drive with the classic feel of the twin cam engine mated to the classic Alfa gearbox.
This is a beautiful example finished Rosso red with leather throughout complementing the interior.
There is a history file with old invoices, handbooks, MOTs etc.
Recent expenditure includes new mohair hood,carpets ,full stainless steel exhaust ,refurbished alloys with new tyres ,brake discs,door handles etc.
As with all S4s she was converted when new to RHD this one by Bell and Colvill.
On the road, she is fun and easy to drive but with the great soundtrack of that twin cam engine dominating and still very reminiscent of the original 1960s version whilst being much more user friendly.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
(Reg no not included)
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service