1967 JAGUAR MK2 2.8 LITRE TUNED – SOLD
By the late 1950s, Jaguar was a force to be reckoned with after several wins at Le Mans and already producing great cars such as the XK range. The Mark 2 was another William Lyons masterpiece with its compact sports saloon body and range of powerful six-cylinder race-bred engines.
This striking example was always finished in Dark blue, wire wheels and overdrive, always a Uk supplied RHD car with the desirable manual overdrive gearbox.
She has enjoyed restorative maintenance including a high-quality nut and bolt restoration completed around 2014 which included engine, gearbox, upgrades etc.
She also enjoyed some sensible upgrades including:
- Rack and pinion power steering
- Upgraded 4 pot brakes
- Electronic fuel pump
- High torque starter
- Electric front seats
- Upgraded suspension
- Kenlowe fan
- Electronic ignition
The original engine has been rebuilt, including a straight port E type cylinder head, overbored block with oversized pistons, lightened flywheel, tuned exhaust system, twin Su carbs and tuned.
The result of the engine upgrade is a very lively car with the ability to rev higher and is far more sporty than a standard car whilst retaining the smoothness of the small block six cylinder.
All adding up to a great driving proposition especially compared to the standard car.
There is a very good history file including invoices, mots, manuals, Heritage certificate etc. and restoration information/photos etc.
On the road, she drives very strongly with a super slick gearbox and more powerful engine keeping up with modern traffic made easy and safe handling with powerful brakes a big improvement over the standard car’s ability.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service