1949 LAND ROVER 80 LIGHTS BEHIND GRILLE – SOLD
The Land Rover story is well told and now production has finally ended and a new defender entered the scene the original design is more appreciated and desired by true enthusiasts of the brand.
This stunning example was built in the very first year of production (1949) – first registered 27th August.
It retains all of its original features such as:
1600 petrol engine
Ring pull gearbox
Dip switch on the centre of the steering wheel
Metal spoke steering wheel
Single wiper motor
Spade back seats
Rear “D” lamps
It is also fitted with correct period 6.00 x 16 Avon Traction mileage tyres, original tow plate a lovely capstan winch, and has had indicators added for safety.
It presents beautifully in Deep bronze Green with Khaki hood. The bodywork is extremely straight and it is a real pleasure to drive and would make a great addition to anybody’s classic car collection, or to simply “potter”.
The detailing is first class and to restore one to this standard would cost a fortune today.
There is a good history file with photos and invoices.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service