1965 ALFA GIULIA 1600 SPRINT GT – SOLD
The Alfa Giulia Coupe range styled by Bertone caused a real stir when it was introduced in 1963, with its stunning looks and range of twin-cam power plants it was soon clear that they drove beautifully and road tests of the day extolled their virtues.
Powerful lovely sounding engines, slick five-speed gearboxes and nimble well-balanced handling meant that they drove better than most of their contemporaries including competitors from Stuttgart and Modena!
The production run carried on until 1977 when Alfa eventually bowed to the trend of wedge-shaped cars and introduced the Alfetta Coupe.
This beautiful Step nose example was first registered and built by Alfa Romeo South Africa in 1965 and imported to the UK in 2019.
She began a documented restoration around 2017 and has been finally completed this year by a Specialist dealer(UK) at great expense.
The GT drives so well with an incredible rorty bellow from the carbs and twin cam chatter, the gearbox is smooth with absolutely no synchro issues providing the driver with a delicately balanced driving experience.
I have driven this beauty for over 100 miles and cannot fault the mechanical or bodywork and she is as clean underneath with red paint rather than the black underseal associated with old 1960s classics !!
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service