1966 GLAS 1700GT RHD (ONLY 1 RHD BUILT) – £39,950
I had heard of Glas but in my 40 plus years never owned or driven one so saw this stunning car when I delivered a 911 to a customer and of course was interested.
The Glas company was another high quality German manufacturer including tools, microcars etc and graduated into cars from the late 1950s. This was the only RHD 1700GT built by the factory and launched the product at the 1966 Earls Court motor show and purchased on site by the famous Entertainer Danny La Rue.
The design was by Frua and the body built in Italy and shipped to Germany for assembly, so quite a long winded process.
Glas were totally bought out by BMW the same year and the name was gone a year later with some models re badged by BMW for a time.
This one off was finally restored by 2018 and has only covered around 1000 miles since ,she was restored from the shell up and inc engine and mechanical rebuilds.
She has featured in many books /magazines and there is a super complete history file with handbooks/original buff log buff inc Mr La Rue as first keeper and also many spare parts are included sourced during the restoration process.
I didn’t really know what to expect on the road but she is a very lively 100 bhp lightweight sports coupe with very positive handling and brakes so a great 1960s design that was ahead of the game.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with a 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service