1967 MARCOS 1500 GT SUPERB EXAMPLE -ULEZ EXEMPT – £27,950
One of the rarest 1960s British sportscars, the last one I sold was more than 20 years ago!
A super clever design around 1964 the aim was a very light but sophisticated driving car utilising a wooden monocoque/chassis and a variety of engines from Ford, Volvo up to a three-litre V6.
This is a rarer wooden chassis Ford 1500 version owned by a serious collector for the past seven years who diligently improved her while extensively enjoying driving her. Less than 100 1500 gt models were produced.
Recent expenditure includes engine rebuild, 1600 uprated cylinder head, Weber carbs, interior refresh etc making her amongst the best available and ready to enjoy. Chassis and car checked over by Marcos specialist Oct 2022.
There is a great history file including the original bill of sale and service invoices etc.
On the road, the feeling is of a light nimble chassis with an eager powerful engine complete with the unmistakable sound of twin Weber carbs definitely years ahead of its time.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced and with a comprehensive 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service