1968 TRIUMPH TR 250 OVERDRIVE – £39,950
Following on from the highly successful and stunningly good looking Tr4 the fuel-injected Tr5 was only in production for 13 months before the mass-produced Tr6 replaced it.
The fuel injection could not pass the strict USA emission regulations so the TR250 was produced specifically for this market and was effectively a TR5 without the Lucas injection.
Total Tr5 cars built were around 3000 and around 8000 TR250s so they have become highly sought after and rare collector’s items during the past few years as the existing number of surviving cars are now very low.
This lovely Jasmine yellow car was delivered to the San Francisco in 1968 and repatriated around 7 years ago by a Triumph restorer who then set about carrying out the restoration over 3 years.
This entailed a complete nut and bolt Resto including:
- Rebuilt original engine inc unleaded conversion
- Powder coated chassis
- Rebuilt gearbox and overdrive
- Surrey hard top
- Stainless exhaust
- Distributor doctor ignition
The standard of workmanship is high and costs were circa £40k.
All the work is chronologically itemised /dated and there is a superb history file with all invoices.
The Heritage certificate confirms original engine and colour.
These cars are great drivers cars with nearly 160 bhp and 900 kgs they are quick and the overdrive really provides flexible and comfortable cruising speeds, enabling long trips to be covered with ease.
On the road, this one is a strong driver, well set up with a great soundtrack and abundant power from the engine.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service