1969 LOTUS ELAN S4 SE CONVERTIBLE – SOLD
The Elan was years ahead of the opposition and another masterpiece design by Colin Chapman, even today it is hard to find a better driving lightweight sports car.
This is a genuine home-market SE model that was first registered in 1969.
With ongoing maintenance over the years, she was extensively restored around 30 years ago by a specialist including new galvanised chassis, engine, gearbox rebuild etc.
All the work is documented and there is a thorough history file mostly populated with invoices from the UK’s respected Lotus specialists, mot certificates, and thousands have been spent ensuring she is one of the best looking and driving Elans available.
Recent maintenance has included:
- High quality bodywork /paintwork 2017
- Polybush rebuilt suspension
- Mick Miller CV driveshafts
- Adjustable shockers
- Retrim seats
Many motoring enthusiasts claim that the Elan is their favourite driving machine and any serious driver will agree once you sample the fluidity of the chassis the lightness of the controls and the evocative sound of the race-bred twin cam.
These are very special machines and have never been replicated with any modern design proving that Colin Chapman was a design genius way ahead of his time.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service