1969 ROVER 3.5 COUPE P5B – SOLD
The P5B launched in September 1967, became an instant classic and a British iconic favourite, being the Prime Ministerial transport of choice for Margaret Thatcher, Edward Heath, Jim Callaghan and Harold Wilson.
Every political television shot of the 1970s had a politician sat in the rear of one normally smoking a cigar or pipe!
They obviously haven’t lost their cache, because our Monarch also still keeps one, albeit in a more regal shade of green Thoroughly restored in 2015 at a great cost she presents beautifully today with a stance and poise only a British saloon can portray.
During the restoration, it was decided to refinish her in Bentley Smoke green with Silver Birch roof and the unique colour really suits the car. The interior was also comprehensively retrimmed including door cards, wooden capping etc and she looks as new as is possible.
There is a good history file with handbooks and details of the work carried out.
On the road, the ubiquitous 3.5 V8 propels her smoothly and is surprisingly agile for a large saloon, without doubt, a great alternative in the day to the Upper class and famously expensive Rolls and Bentley’s costing 3 times more in the 1970s.
A superb piece of British history and the best available.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service