1981 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF MK 1 GTI 1.8 – 95,000 MILES – £27,950
The Gti was certainly the hot hatch to beat in the early 80s and most manufacturers tried hard with the Xr3i, 205 Gti etc.
The Golf was just better built and a properly developed drivers car that was world-class.
This Mars red UK RHD example has recently undergone a high-quality restoration which included engine, the gearbox also new Pirelli’s, Bilstein suspension, exhaust, trim etc.
The finish is exceptional and the underside and under bonnet area has also been focussed on in order to be one of the best examples available anywhere.
On the road, you just have the most fun with its light weight and nimble handling, super-slick 5-speed gearbox and a super flexible fuel-injected engine making cross country trips an absolute pleasure.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service