1972 ROLLS ROYCE CORNICHE CONVERTIBLE – 57,000 MILES – £69,950
Replacing the 1950s designed S series range of cars was a priority for Rolls Royce and when launched in 1965 the Silver Shadow went down a storm with its more contemporary design and technical features.
The first generation used an RR designed 4-speed gearbox, but it was fairly old fashioned and was soon replaced in 1968 by an American GM 3 speed box which was smooth and well-matched to the V8 engine.
This beautiful example was built in December 1971 and delivered as most were to a central London dealer at £12,000 inc. their 15% discount in January 1972.
That was a fortune in the day and probably one of the most expensive cars you could buy and quite a statement.
She lived in Sweden until 2007 owned latterly by Owe Sandstrom who was Abba’s clothes designer and then a UK customer imported her in 2007 and carried out around £20000 worth of recommissioning from 2014-2017 when we took her in part exchange.
Carefully stored at Historit since she has now come back to life and is looking and running well.
The electric hood works beautifully, and she is a great driver with smooth engine and gearbox.
Being an early hand-built Corniche, she still has the Mulliner Park Ward badge on the dash and the very rare rev counter.
She is one of the nicest Shadows I have driven over 40 years with very strong mechanicals and excellent on the bodywork, interior and details around the car.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months comprehensive warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service