1972 TRIUMPH STAG Mk 1 MANUAL – £24,950
The Stag was yet another groundbreaking British design Like many others in history that was executed poorly in construction. Every car enthusiast knows the story with its pretty design, four seats, a mixture of soft and hard tops and a V8 engine! What an amazing proposition it was at launch and much better value than it’s German counterpart the mighty SL. The problems were soon apparent with a poor build quality and several design flaws meaning that it soon earned a poor reputation for reliability like many British cars of this period. Shame really because it deserved better and was such a supercar to drive as it still is today. Most of the issues have been ironed out over the past 20 years and Stags are now accepted as a good used car when the recommended modifications are integrated into refreshes.
Finished in white with black interior from new she presents very well, and has only had 5 owners the last one for over 10 years. She has benefited from an engine rebuild a few thousand miles ago which included the latest modifications in order to improve reliability.
Expenditure this year includes new mohair hood, new Blockley period tyres, additional electric fan, radio and oil pressure gauge
There is a comprehensive history file including heritage certificate, old mots, tax discs, invoices etc. So overall this is a very safe purchase and currently very undervalued in the Classic car market. On a hot sunny day with the top off the burble of the V8 really suits the style of the Stag as wafts along quite sportingly. Models with the manual overdrive gearbox are best and she feels tight and reliable. Supplied fully inspected, serviced with a 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service