1974 JAGUAR SERIES 3 V12 ROADSTER – 52,000 MILES – £89,950
By the series 3 Jaguar had developed the E Type to be an easy to use Grand tourer with long legs and comfortable for even the tallest drivers unlike the earlier models (our tallest customer in one is 6 8″).
So instead of crunchy Moss gearboxes and demandingly heavy steering, you had power steering and even a smooth gearbox making this a great proposition for the 1970s motorists.
This is a lovely UK supplied example with manual gearbox, power steering and is a late example of the Series 3 Roadster, which has the desirable manual transmission and has been in the ownership of the one time Commandant of RAF College, Cranwell; Air Vice Marshal Bill Rimmer for some time. This gentleman acquired the car through the E-type Centre some years ago and has used it sparingly during his tenure.
The car was subject to a full restoration back in the late eighties but is an original UK specified car. The extensive history file contains a letter from Evans Halshaw (Jaguar Main Dealer) confirming the mileage when they sold the car. There are also a number of previous MoT certificates and copies of invoices that help support the indicated 51743 miles as being correct.
Finished in the very desirable metallic silver with navy blue leather seats, the car sits on chrome wire wheels and has been equipped with new electronic ignition and overhauled carburettors in the recent past.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service