1979 MERCEDES 450 SEL – 159,000 MILES – £19,950
It’s the 50th anniversary of the magnificent W116 series, and this superb example is among the best available.
Over-engineering is a common phrase when discussing 1970/80s German cars but no one did it better than Mercedes Benz with their S Class models.
They really were years ahead of the competition with luxury, refinement and engineering and BMW tried to penetrate the S Class market for years but never really succeeded.
This beautiful 450 was supplied to a company director in 1979 and serviced at Mercedes for years finally laid up as many were even James Hunts 6.9 was!
She finally enjoyed a thorough restoration at a Mercedes specialist around 2002 and continues to present beautifully today.
With only 3 owners, a good history file inc all handbooks and service book she is a rare car with less than 30 remaining on UK roads.
The smell of the high-quality materials used in the interior is evocative and brings back memories of how special these cars were in the day especially compared to offerings made in the UK.
On the road, she is smooth, quiet and quick with the V8 propelling her along effortlessly and passengers are cosseted in a super roomy interior.
The car is ULEZ-exempt.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service