1980 FORD ESCORT MK2 1300 SPORT – SOLD
By the late 1970s, Ford was planning their new models including front-wheel drive Escorts so the Mk2 was beginning to show its age and 1980 was the last year of production.
The 1300 Sport was a low-volume model and less than 30 are now registered in the UK.
This beautiful Radiant red example has only had four keepers and still has its vinyl roof and Sports trim interior.
A recent bare shell restoration has been undertaken which is documented in the history file, engine and gearbox were also rebuilt and the high-quality result is one of the best MK2s I have seen with great detailing throughout.
On the road, she is a delight and the small capacity cross-flowed engine revs freely and is surprisingly brisk with the best gearbox available on a classic car.
Much rarer than an RS2000 and in many ways better fun with an engine that enjoys high revs!
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service