1974 TRIUMPH STAG MANUAL BEST AVAILABLE – SOLD
The Stag was yet another groundbreaking British design Like many others in history that was executed poorly in construction. Every car enthusiast knows the story with its pretty design, four seats, a mixture of soft and hard tops and a V8 engine! What an amazing proposition it was at launch and much better value than its German counterpart the mighty SL. The problems were soon apparent with the poor build quality and several design flaws meaning that it soon earned a poor reputation for reliability like many British cars of this period. Shame really because it deserved better and was such a supercar to drive as it still is today. Most of the issues have been ironed out over the past 20 years and Stags are now accepted as a good used car when the recommended modifications are integrated into refreshes.
This beautiful Pimento red example belonged to a Stag parts manufacturer who comprehensively integrated his high-grade upgrades into the car using EJ Ward the Stag specialist for the work.
Recent work and upgrades include:
- Fully rebuilt engine with latest timing chains,Nitrided crankshaft,uprated oil pump and drive
- Carbs rebuilt using stainless linkages etc
- Gearbox and overdrive rebuilt
- Differential rebuilt using strengthened parts
- Driveshafts with uj conversion
- Uprated cooling system with electric water pump, silicone hoses, header tank
- Alloy fuel tank
- All weak parts/linkages and inherent design areas are addressed using engineering solutions and high-quality parts
- Electronic ignition
She has covered under 1000 miles since the work and is the best driving Stag with all the improvements adding up. So overall this is a very safe purchase and currently very undervalued in the Classic car market. On a hot sunny day with the top off the burble of the V8 really suits the style of the Stag as wafts along quite sportingly. Models with the manual overdrive gearbox are best and she feels tight and reliable.
Supplied fully inspected, and serviced with a 12-month warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service