1962 Land Rover Series IIA – Diesel – 63,000 miles – £34,950
This Land Rover is how it was supplied new, via Land Rover agent R N Golden, Holmfirth.
Ordered as a hard top with 2 x individual rear seats, finished in Deep Bronze Green with Limestone Hard Top.
This Land Rover has lived in Holmfirth and Huddersfield all its life – remaining with the original owner until 2010.
Since then, it has undergone a ground up “nut & bolt” restoration, which has been completed to a superb standard and includes:
- New galvanised chassis – painted black for originality
- Full respray inside and out
- New door tops and bottoms
- Rebuilt 2286cc – 4cyl Diesel
- Rebuilt gearbox
- New wiring loom
- Rebuilt axles
- Rebuilt brakes
- Regalvanised cappings
- 600 x 16 Avon Traction mileage tyres (new)
- 3 x elephant hide front seats (original – not reproduction)
- 2 x individual rear seats (original – not reproduction)
- Lucas driving and spot light
- Original Lucas and Sparto lights
- Original 3 smetal spoke steering wheel
- Original Smiths Round heater
This rare Land Rover is certainly one for the collector and well under the current full restoration cost.
On the road these early Landies are great fun and like a vintage car but engages your driving abilities.
Supplied fully inspected ,serviced with 12 months warranty.