1968 TRIUMPH TR5 – £59,950
Following on from the highly successful and stunningly good looking Tr4 the fuel-injected Tr5 was only in production for 13 months before the mass-produced Tr6 replaced it.
Total Uk cars built were around 1100 units so they have become highly sought after and rare collector’s items during the past few years.
This lovely midnight blue example was delivered to the UK on April 19, 1968, complete with an overdrive, wire wheels and a tonneau cover, and still has her original engine.
There are three registered keepers and a good history file including old log books, mots and a comprehensive photo library of the restoration.
A complete body-off restoration was completed around 20 years ago by the Northern TR Centre and the quality of workmanship was clearly very high as she still presents beautifully today.
She has received ongoing maintenance as necessary having only covered around 25,000 miles since complete restoration and looks resplendent with the beige leather seats contrasting well with the blue paint.
These cars are great drivers cars with nearly 150 bhp and 900 kgs they are quick and the overdrive really provides flexible and comfortable cruising speeds, enabling long trips to be covered with ease.
On the road, this one is a very strong driver, very well set up with a great soundtrack from the exhaust and abundant power from the 150bhp engine.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service