1972 LOTUS ELAN +2S 130 – SOLD – ULEZ EXEMPT
After the success of the Elan, it was time to produce a more practical 2 plus 2 car in the Lotus range.
They managed successfully and another stunning coupe was launched late in 1967 and only a few thousand built up to 1975.
This lovely example finished in rare Royal blue with silver roof from new and Black interior was owned by a Lotus technician for 6 years and there is a super history file including a hand written journal over that period.
Lots of invoices dating back to the 1970s are present and there is also a Lotus Provenance certificate verifying original spec etc.
She was sold by a Lotus specialist in the late 1980s and they replaced the chassis and sills with Lotus galvanised upgrades which are still excellent today.
She has enjoyed continual maintenance and must be one of the best available inc recent expenditure in the past 2 years totals over £12k including ;
- Top end rebuild to unleaded spec
- CV driveshaft conversion
- Suspension upgraded to Spax
- Water pump upgrade
- Rear suspension and differential rebuilt
On the road, she is a delight, light and nimble whilst still providing enough power to entertain in the way only Lotus does, and the history and information on file are super and unusual to be so comprehensive.
Supplied fully inspected, serviced with 12 months warranty.
INCLUDED IN EVERY SALE
– Workshop inspection and report inc photo library
– Engine compression check and boroscope
– Full service inc engine tune
– New mot inspection (inc exempt cars)
– Detailed valet inc Dynoglaze paint treatment
– Free delivery in covered trailers
– Detailed handover inc “user tips”
– Travel spares kit inc fluids etc
– 12 months comprehensive warranty
– Free collection/delivery and loan car if necessary
– Free 11 month warranty checkover and service